Michael Cerveny, ÖGUT
ASPO 2012 took place at Palais Niederösterreich, a historic building in the first district of Vienna, close to many sights of Vienna´s inner city.
The Palais has had a very eventful history. It was originally the home of the so-called estates, the political representatives of upper classes, knights, prelates and towns. The estates acquired the property in 1513 in order to be near the reigning prince and to hold assemblies in Vienna. Precious interiours such as the “Landhauskapelle” and the “Gotisches Zimmer” have been preserved from this late Gothic building.
The “Großer Saal” with its vault was errected in the middle of the 16th century. This conference hall was built in Renaissance style and decorated in the Baroque period with precious frescos that symbolize glory and honour. In the 18th and 19th centuries the large landhaussaal was a very popular ballroom and concert hall, where many important first performances took place.
Find more information on Palais Niederösterreich Website.